SCORE Volunteers Help Boston Businesses Thrive
Volunteering at SCORE is a way for you to give back while connecting with Boston area business owners close to home. Volunteers share their knowledge and skills through one-on-one mentoring or can choose to work on other important Chapter activities and operations in a non-mentoring capacity.
SCORE is a nationwide volunteer organization with over 11,000 members that connects entrepreneurs with mentors to help small businesses and non-profits. The Greater Boston Chapter of SCORE is an active, generous community of over 70 experienced business people with expertise in a variety of fields and industries. Volunteers also conduct free mentoring and no- or low-cost workshops in a dozen locations in the Metro Boston area.
Volunteering at SCORE is a way to give back to the community, connect with the Boston small business ecosystem, and pass on your knowledge and expertise to the next generation of entrepreneurs. It's also a great way to meet people and to continue to expand your own business knowledge!
We need your help in the following areas:
Mentoring and Advising:
- Counseling help for people starting or growing their business or non-profit.
- Presenting at workshops on a wide variety of small business-related subjects
- Administrative skills, Word, PowerPoint, Excel expertise
- Web/Social Media expertise
- Accounting, bookkeeping and Quickbooks expertise
- Ambassador functions helping sign in people at meetings and networking events
If you have business or non-profit experience to share and can commit to volunteering on a regular basis, please apply.
Interview with Boston SCORE Former Chapter Co-chairman John Kogan
Former SCORE Chapter Chair John N. Kogan celebrates 50 years of SCORE by sharing his reasons for volunteering his time.